Looking for a Writer’s Group

Home/Looking for a Writer’s Group

Home Forums Looking for a Writer’s Group

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Charles, check out this link for all your answers to the WOTF contest, including how to enter:

Writers of the Future

Shean Pao
    Participant

Hello Fellow Students of Dave,

I’m a published writer and long time student of Dave’s. I have experience running an online critique group and will be starting one up again, once I have the right mix of people. This is an advanced writer’s group with a purpose to help push us in areas we are weak in. Pacing, character arc, plot, timelines, POV, dialogue, dialogue tags, info dumps, etc.
    Criteria:
    * You must have one evening during the week that is free, where you can spend 2-3 hours online with other writers. (I am on the West Coast, so hours will typically be 6-9pm – this can be flexible depending the group’s needs).
    * You must be able to produce a minimum of six pages a week. (not hardcore with this, but it is a goal to strive for).
    * Be serious about your writing.
    * Be serious about participating in the group.
    * Be willing to spend a few hours a week critiquing other writer’s work.
    * Accept critiques without getting defensive.
    * Want to have fun.

I will be looking for a total of three people to make a group of four. If you are interested, send me an email telling me about yourself and a sample of what you are working on. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Horror only.

Shean Pao
    sable.moon@hotmail.com
    http://www.sheanpao.com

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.