“There’s 10,000 right ways to write any story, but there’s a million wrong ways.”
Learn How to Build a Lasting Writing Career with me, David Farland.
From podcast host Bryan Collins, “In this interview, we talk about Robert Heinlein’s Rules for Writers. Several years ago, I came across these rules after being frustrated writing and rewriting the same short stories repeatedly.
We chat about hybrid publishing, self-publishing, and traditional publishing and how to decide which approach is right for your book. I also got David’s take on marketing and how a back catalog can help you earn a good living as an author.
David also explains the importance of having an e-mail list and how it can help you earn a healthy living from writing.
In this episode, we discuss:
1. How David’s writing process has changed over the years.
2. Advice for new writers.
3. What makes a story compelling.
4. Common mistakes authors make.
5. Choosing a genre to write in.
6. What makes authors stand out.
7. How to market your books.”